1. People looking at homes in November and December often have a goal to close before Christmas. They are the serious buyers!
2. Buying a home is an emotional purchase. What better time to show off your home than when is decorated for the holidays.
3. Homes tend to be cleaner the last two months of the year in preparation for unexpected guests. The neatest, cleanest homes are always the first to sell.
4. Buyers take vacation time off due to no roll over vacation days with their employers. We see buyers having more time to look at homes.
5. People need to buy before the end of the year for tax purposes. With rates at 70 year lows many people are calling us to buy investment property.
6. January is when the bulk of corporate transfers happen. These buyers are looking in November and December. They cannot wait till January.
7. Home owners who list their home in these last two months get a huge jump start on other home owners waiting till after the New Year. You can simply restrict showings when you see necessary to fit your schedule.
8. You can sell your home but specify a delayed closing day until after the holidays and or the New Year.
9. People looking to buy this time of year have fewer homes to choose from. Most people make the mistake of waiting till after January 1st to list their property.
10. Cooler weather has always made home shopping much more pleasurable. The fall time and the holiday months bring out the warmth of emotion. This is when people always buy.
17 Years of selling homes and this holds true every year. I hear all too often that the winter months are slow yet it always makes me think back to that December when I closed 26 homes. We are impressionable on each other more than we realize. Goes back to what I always say…
People Follow People.